Steps of Process
CMMI Risk Management Goals
PolicyAF Policy Directive 90-9: Operational Risk Management, 1 April 2000
AFI 90-901: Operational Risk Management, 1 April 2000
AFMC Instruction 90-902: Operational Risk Management, Dec 2007
Tools & TechniquesRiskNav
TrainingRisk Process Orientation
Detailed Risk Process
ExamplesSample Risk Management Plan
Process Lessons Learned
The cognitive and physical capabilities required to be able to train for, operate, maintain, and sustain material and information systems.
- Was a truly representative sample of the target population must be used during T&E to get a proper measure of system performance?
- If aptitude constraints affect system use, can they be identified?
- Has a Target Audience Description been defined (qualifications of the users, operators, maintainers, and support personnel)
- Inventory, force structure & standards of grade authorizations
- MOS description
- Biographical information
- Anthropometric data
- Physical qualifications
- Aptitude descriptions
- Skills & knowledges
- Task performance information
- Skill grade authorization
- Physical profile (PULHES)
- Security clearance
- Reading grade level
- Does the target audience have new considerations (more civilians, more females, fewer high school graduates)?
- Have the knowledge, skills and abilities required by the new system been identified and documented? Compared against the aptitudes which the target audience possesses? Examples:
- Are there any aptitude-sensitive critical tasks? Is it likely that personnel in the TAD can perform the critical tasks of the job?
- Have physical limitations for system personnel been determined? (color vision, acuity, hearing, and others)
- Have minimum physical standards been established for the Operator/Maintainer/Repairer?
- Has the expected mental category distribution been considered in system design?
- Has the reading grade level been determined and documented for the 0perator-Maintainer/Repairer?
- Have security requirements been determined/documented for the Operator/Maintainer/Repairer, supporters and users or leaders?
- Will the system require a new MOS?
- What is the impact on recruiting and retention for this system generated by a new MOS?
- Will the system require an Additional Skill Identifier (ASI)?
- Will the system have a Space Identifier MOS (SIMOS) impact?
- Does the proposed system have an impact on the reassignment system (turn around time) for operators/maintainers/repairers?
- Has the impact of the proposed system on promotions and career development been determined for the operator/maintainer/repairer?
Back to top