Our 2022 awards include:
- The Disability Equality Index®, the world’s most comprehensive benchmarking tool measuring disability workplace inclusion, named MITRE among its Best Places to Work, with the highest possible score of 100.
- MITRE ranked #1 on Enterprise Security Tech’s Cyber Top 20 List for 2022 for technical product/service innovation, industry analyst recognition, customer testimony, diversity and inclusion initiatives, talent development initiatives, and giving back to the cyber community.
- Foundry’s Computerworld named MITRE to its Best Places to Work in IT list, based on a company survey of salary, benefits, future of work efforts, career development, training, and retention. Our fifth consecutive year on the list, we ranked 14th in large companies and 2nd for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Veterans Hiring and Career Development
- The U.S. Secretary of Labor recognized us with the 2022 HIRE Vets Gold Medallion Award. It is the only federal award program that honors employers who show a commitment to hiring veterans and ensuring long-term career growth.
- Military Times named MITRE to the 2022 Best for Vets: Employers list, which analyzes policies and practices that make companies an attractive place to work, for both current employees and future job seekers within the veteran community.
Early Career and Student Opportunities
- Handshake, a leading career site for college students and alumni, recognized us as an Early Talent Award winner based on student interest, message engagement, brand resonance, and virtual event participation.
- Hiring platform WayUp and talent acquisition software Yello named MITRE a Top 100 Internship Program Provider based on diversity and inclusion practices, compensation and perks, program structure, career development, full-time employment prospects, and company culture.
National Security and Technical Leadership
- The U.S. Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency selected MITRE and three other companies for the Excellence in Counterintelligence Award from a field of 10,000 contractors. The award recognizes a counterintelligence program that enhances national security and promotes uncompromised delivery of sensitive and classified services and capabilities to the Department of Defense and other U.S. government agencies.
- CSO Magazine named MITRE Engage™, a framework for communicating and planning cyber adversary engagement, deception, and denial activities, to its CS050 list of security projects and initiatives that demonstrate outstanding business value and thought leadership.
- Foundry’s CIO 100 awards, which celebrate organizations and their teams for using IT in innovative ways to deliver business value, recognized our platforms initiative for driving company innovation by sharing community knowledge.
- R&D World named the jointly developed Airborne Collision Avoidance System's (ACAS sXu) small drone component a 2022 R&D 100 winner. The technology enables small uncrewed aircraft systems to detect and track nearby air traffic and either maneuver out of the way or communicate the threat to a pilot operator on the ground. MITRE shares the award with co-collaborators MIT Lincoln Laboratory, the Federal Aviation Administration, and Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
An Environment for Breakthroughs
Kathleen Federico, MITRE senior vice president, chief people, brand, and communications officer, says the recognition signals that we’re developing the talent needed to scale our problem-solving capacity.
“Tackling complex challenges takes every perspective,” Federico says. “That means all viewpoints and experiences deserve a voice at the table.
“We ensure our people are as diverse as the work they lead—enabled by the deep expertise and systems thinking that demonstrates innovative solutions in the public interest. They’re addressing some of our nation’s biggest technical and strategic challenges.”
Read more about our corporate and individual awards.
Interested in amplifying your impact for public good? Join us.