MITRE Commits to Advancing Diversity and Inclusion
MITRE joins 150 companies nationwide in signing a new diversity pledge. The newly launched CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion is the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. CEOs who commit to this action pledge to:
- Continue to make their workplaces trusting places to have complex and sometimes difficult conversations about diversity and inclusion
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education
- Share best practices and lessons learned around diversity and inclusion initiatives
A summit to discuss best practices and learnings as well as developing additional commitments is scheduled for fall 2017. Joining MITRE President and CEO Jason Providakes in this new initiative include CEOs from several local firms—Northrup Grumman, Accenture, Deloitte, and University of Maryland – Baltimore County in the Washington, D.C. area—and Boston Scientific Corp., Staples Inc. and Bain Capital in the Boston area.
As part of the pledge, MITRE also committed to diversity and inclusion actions in three specific areas:
- Corporate social responsibility: To identify events and activities that fall within a few key focus areas that are closely aligned with MITRE's business mission and values and in support of MITRE's brand; and ensure employees have the support, time, and resources to pursue community passions.
- Women's Leadership: To provide a platform for the women of MITRE to connect and engage.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program: To create a comprehensive benefits program where employees can thrive at work and everywhere else.