MITRE Creates Visiting Fellows Program
Five distinguished leaders join to help MITRE solve problems for a safer world: Dr. Ash Carter, LTG Steven Boutelle, Dr. Robert Darnell, Dr. Mark McClellan, and Mr. Rick Ledgett
McLean, Va. and Bedford, Mass., February 15, 2018—As part of our mission to solve problems for a safer world, MITRE has selected five nationally recognized leaders in their respective fields to a newly created Visiting Fellows Program.
- Dr. Ash Carter, Distinguished Visiting Fellow
- Director, Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs; Former Secretary of Defense
- LTG Steven Boutelle, USA (Ret.), Senior Visiting Fellow
- Former VP, Cisco Systems; Former CIO, US Army
- Dr. Robert Darnell, Senior Visiting FellowProfessor, Cancer Biology, Rockefeller University; Founder, New York Genome Center
- Mr. Rick Ledgett, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Former Deputy Director, NSA
- Dr. Mark McClellan, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Director, Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy; Former FDA Commissioner; Former CMS Administrator
The Visiting Fellows program is one way in which MITRE provides the right expertise to solve the most complex problems facing our country and its citizens. Our Visiting Fellows have expertise in national defense, cybersecurity, and health; three of our strategic areas of focus this year and beyond.
"At MITRE, everything we do is in the public interest," said Rich Byrne, MITRE senior vice president, programs and technology. "Our mission-driven team brings technical know-how as well as the best thinking from industry and academia to tackle complex problems such as improving our nation’s security, helping people stay healthy, promoting government stability, and leveling the playing field against cyberattacks."
"We are honored to work with thought leaders and innovators like Ash, Steve, Bob, Mark, and Rick, who bring new thinking and momentum to solving our nation’s greatest challenges," said MITRE President and CEO, Jason Providakes. "These individuals will serve as change-makers, problem solvers, thought leaders, and connectors at the highest levels, to help us solve problems for a safer world. These problems cannot be solved by a singular entity, but rather require community collaborations from a diverse range of stakeholder audiences."
About The MITRE Corporation
At MITRE, we work across the whole of government to tackle difficult problems that challenge the safety, stability, and wellbeing of our nation through our operation of Federally Funded R&D Centers as well as public-private partnerships.
With a unique vantage point working across federal, state, and local governments, as well as industry and academia, we work in the public interest to discover new possibilities, create unexpected opportunities, and lead by pioneering together for public good to bring innovative ideas into existence in national security and the public sector.
Public Affairs Lead
email@example.com (703) 983-0018