Robert Work Joins MITRE’s Visiting Fellows Program
McLean, Va., October 22, 2018—The MITRE Corporation is pleased to announce former Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert O. Work has joined its Visiting Fellows Program. The Visiting Fellows Program is comprised of nationally recognized leaders in their respective fields who work with MITRE experts to advise on topics of critical national importance.
Work is president of a strategic consultancy where he advises clients on national security affairs, defense strategy and programs, military and dual-use technologies, and the future of warfare. From 2014 to 2017, he served as 32nd Deputy Secretary of Defense and previously served as the President and CEO of the Center for a New American Security and as the Under Secretary of the Navy.
“We look forward to working with Bob to tackle the complex problems facing our nation,” said Bill LaPlante, MITRE senior vice president, national security sector. “He brings a vast knowledge and decades of experience to assist MITRE’s national security sector as it partners with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), intelligence, and cybersecurity communities.”
MITRE’s Visiting Fellows Program is comprised of other nationally recognized leaders including:
- Dr. Ash Carter, Distinguished Visiting Fellow
- Director, Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs; Former Secretary of Defense
- LTG Steven Boutelle, USA (Ret.), Senior Visiting Fellow
- Former VP, Cisco Systems; Former CIO, US Army
- Dr. Michael Chernew, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Leonard D. Schaeffer Professor of Health Care Policy; Director, Healthcare Markets and Regulation Laboratory, Harvard Medical School
- Mr. Tom Chi, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Entrepreneur; Founding team member, Google X; Executive, Yahoo
- Dr. Robert Darnell, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Professor, Cancer Biology, Rockefeller University; Founder, New York Genome Center
- Mr. Rick Ledgett, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Former Deputy Director, NSA
- Dr. Mark McClellan, Senior Visiting Fellow
- Director, Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy; Former FDA Commissioner; Former CMS Administrator
About The MITRE Corporation
MITRE's mission-driven teams are dedicated to solving problems for a safer world. Through our federally funded R&D centers and public-private partnerships, we work across government to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation.
Public Affairs Lead
firstname.lastname@example.org (703) 983-0018