- +Who Is Eligible?
Federal employees of a MITRE sponsor (including military and civilian personnel), in good standing, with excellent performance reviews, and an undergraduate college degree.
- +What Is the Deadline for Application?
Applicants must submit required information by May 26, 2017.
- +How Many Fellowships Are Awarded Each Year?
Between 6 and 12 fellowships are granted annually.
- +When Does the Program Begin?
The planned start date for the inaugural Fellowship cohort is August 21, 2017.
- +Who Pays for Tuition and Fellowship Costs?
An applicant's government employer pays all costs, including salary, UVA tuition, and materials. The sponsoring employer also supports the applicant’s temporary assignment to MITRE for one year. Sponsors can leverage the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) mobility program as a source of funding for an SE Fellow. Under the IPA, federal government employees can take temporary assignments between state and local governments, institutions of higher education, and other eligible organizations such as federally funded research & development centers. The temporary assignment can last up to two years.
- +What is the Cost of the Fellowship Program?
The cost to the sponsoring agency is $30k. This cost is paid directly to the University of Virginia to cover tuition for the master's degree.
- +What Is the Length of the Fellowship Program?
- +Where Will I Be Physically Located During the Fellowship?
MITRE's McLean Campus in Virginia.